About 250 years ago, Karl Weiler from Assling acquired the “Oberwirt”, the building next to the Obertilliach church (today owned by the family Stock), adorned with an oriel window and frescoes, together with the grand Ambach and Mitterdorf property. The “Kornkasten”, which today is the local history museum, and the house Veider were also included and still belong to the family Scherer-Weiler.
50 years later, a new hotel was built in place of the Mitterdorf residential house. This building as well as the two barns were located right beside the Stockhaus (where there is meadows today).
When Josef and Theresia Weiler had a shed constructed at the western end of Obertilliach in 1949, today's hotel was erected right beside it in the style typical for the Pustervalley. It was inaugurated in 1960. The old hotel had to be demolished in 1978 as it had fallen into disrepair.
After the death of Josef Weiler in 1976, his daughter Theresia (married Scherer) took over the hotel management with the help of her mother.
Since the beginning of 2012, the hotel business is run by her daughter Magdalena, still supported by both her mother and her partner Daniel.